Fine Arts Center
Happy New Year !! Here's hoping 2017 is your best yet.
We now have gift certificates that can be purchased toward a class, show or concert. You choose the amount. Check in with our office for more info.
Call (435) 723-0740 or email us at email@example.com
Music in the City Concert - Friday, January 20, 2017, 7:30 pm
Anna Wilson & Monty Powell
“Song Tales” is a singer-songwriter show that highlights the songwriting prowess and compelling vocal performances of husband/wife duo, Monty Powell and Anna Wilson. Powell performs his string of country hits made famous by Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, Tim McGraw and others, while giving an insider’s look behind the curtain by telling humorous and moving stories about the songs and the artists he works with. Wilson’s moving storytelling and rich vocals shine a light on Countrypolitan standards mixed with her original award-winning compositions that pay tribute to the Tin Pan Alley and 70s Troubadour eras.
Tickets $5! Select your the date you're going to attend:
• Need a flexible gift? Give the gift of Fine Arts with Gift Certificates from the Fine Arts Center!
• Garage Band 101 with Austin Auditions - Tuesday January 24, 2017, 7:15 - 8:30 pm for ages 13-18. Looking for 7-8 band members. Keyboard, drums, bass guitar, lead guitar, rhythm guitar, vocals, and etc.... Eight-week Wednesday sessions focus on how to play together and work as a team. Learn everything about being in a band, gear, set-up, audio, sound, marketing, etc. Under direction of Austin Weyand. Fee for participation is $45 a month or $80 for eight weeks. Students wanting financial help can apply for a scholarship by requesting an application at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the Fine Arts Center.
• Paint Party: Next Paint Party class will be Saturday February 11th 2017 1-3 PM. "Snowy Sunset in oils on 11 x 14 canvas board) Learn to paint in a fun, social atmosphere. Go home with a completed oil painting. $15 - includes instruction, supplies, refreshments. Please reserve your spot in advance! Ages 16-Adult. Call 435-723-0740 for reservations
• Auditions: Disney's "Aladdin" Jr Musical
Will audition Tuesday and Thursday January 17 and 19 for ages 8 to 18. Aladdin performances are first weekend in May - Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday evenings May 4, 5, 6, and 8 with a 2 pm matinee on Saturday.
• Historical Puppet shows
Part I - Frontier tales. Saturday Jan 21 at 3 pm. see link: Upcoming Puppet Shows
• Winter Classes begin Mid January - Sign up now!
• The Teen Think Tank is here!
Teens in 8th through 12th grade are invited to join the tank - we'll find you food for thought, along with study space and help. Monday through Thursday 3 - 5 pm. We also offer interesting hands on creative arts volunteer activities during think tank. No fee, but registration is required. Feel free to call for questions. 435-723-0740.
• PAY IT FORWARD -
Continues to meet on most Wednesdays 3:45 to 5:15 pm. All interested students 12 to 15 years of age are welcome.
In January we are hoping to finish another blanket before taking them to the Police station for emergency service use.
• Current FREE TEEN PROGRAMS:
- Think tank: 3-5 pm Monday through Thursday. FREE Join us for snacks , homework space and games/ craft activities.
- Pay It Forward: (youth volunteer service) Wednesday 3:45-5 p.m.- call to verify location and any time changes based on service needs. 435-723-0740.
- Vocal training Mondays 5:20 -6:40 pm, Private or small group lessons, call to save your 20 minute space..
- Video arts Fridays ( call 435-730-2487 to check on the time. ( $5 registration fee)
- Improv Faction: Thursday 5-6 p.m. learn drama, stage presence, etc. Free.
See more on the Classes, theater opportunities and Programs pages
Other Programs- We have Something for everyone:
Open Mic Night: Monthly offering at the Fine Arts Center usually the 2nd or 3rd Saturday evening of the month, year round. The doors open at 7:00 pm and those wishing to perform can sign up then. Next Open Mic is Saturday, December 10, 2016. FREE for performers
Music in the City Concert Series: 7:30 pm - 3rd Friday of the Month, October through May. No concert in December. Tickets: $12 General Admission / $8 Students / and $10 Seniors
Pay It Forward: For young teens ages 12-15 years.Meet at The Fine Arts Center or as indicated. For current meeting time and latest volunteer opportunities. See pay it forward link., FREE
Improv Faction: Thursdays 5-6 pm for 8th grade and up, year round- Call ahead and check about holiday dates, etc. FREE
Teen voice lessons: Monday by appointment starting at 5:20 pm - Call or come and check it out. Also check out writing and art mentoring times on Tuesdays.
Teen Think Tank: (13 to 18 yrs) Monday - Friday 3 to 5 pm
This includes: Snacks, socializing, homework time, help from mentor if needed, and games when homework is done. Starting September 26, 2016.
World of Puppetry Museum: 1st and 3rd Saturdays 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm