We are again offering youth art and storytelling contests for students kindergarten thru 9th grade living in Weber, Box Elder or Cache County.
YOUTH ART CONTEST
WHAT TO DO:
1. Pick a story and plan a picture that could be used in a book about it (as an Illustration). The story can be one that is made up, or from any book the student has read.
2. Create your vertical (portrait) format picture on a 7 ½ wide by 10 inch high piece of paper. (trim ½ inch off each edge of an 8.5 by 11 sheet of paper) You can use colored pencil, water color pencils, regular watercolor paints, felt tip pens, charcoal pencil, crayon, construction paper, torn tissue paper collage, or any other 2 dimensional media you choose.
3. Glue the artwork to the center of a 9” wide by 12” high sheet of colored construction paper and turn in with entry form. Photo copies of larger pieces of art work shrunk to the 71/2 by 10 inch size can be used. There is free construction paper at Fine Arts Center if needed.
RULES AND OTHER INFO:
1. All art work must be the youth's original design and work (no coloring book pages or use of clip-art or published cartoon characters)
2. All entries are due on or before 5 pm, Wednesday, March 24 with a completed application/ entry form attached. Fill out entry form and drop off work at Fine Arts Center: 58 South 100 West Brigham City – enter through the back door.
3. Chosen art work will be on display at Brigham City Fine Arts Center from April 12 - 17, 2 - 7:30 pm. Parents are responsible for picking up artwork at the Fine Arts Center during the week of April.
JUDGING, DISPLAY, FOLLOW UP: At least three judges will be called in to judge artwork, and winners will be announced Tuesday evening April 13, 6:00 pm at Brigham City Fine Arts Center along with a youth storytelling event. First and second place winners will win cash awards and prizes. Winners will be chosen from at least three different age groups. (K-2nd grade, 3rd through 5th grade, and 6th thru 9th. ) We reserve the right to display only the top 40 entries at the ART-TELL event.
MORE ABOUT ART-TELL 2021: ART-TELL will also feature a themed art competition for adults and high school students April 15 through April 17, 2 - 7:30 pm at the Fine Arts Center, 58 S. 100 W. Brigham City. More information at: www.bcfineartscenter.org
For questions contact us at 435-723-0740 or firstname.lastname@example.org