Fine Arts Center
It is Puppet time!!! Saturday, March 25, 9 am-3 pm.
This is a great time of year to enjoy the creativity, the "teach-ability"
outreach and the fascination of puppets along with some delightful, if
not hilarious entertainment.
The National (and World) Day of Puppetry is now officially March 21
and Puppeteers here in Utah are excited to celebrate. Utah is alive
with puppets and we are ready to highlight our three guild branches.
The guilds are dedicated to promoting and sharing the art of puppetry
and will be offering their annual community outreach activities and
workshops. Or come to check out the World of Puppetry Museum and a puppet show from 2-3 pm.
Learn more about these exciting activities and workshops on our "Puppet Classes and Workshops"
page! Wanna -be wide mouth puppets can be made in the afternoon also. Youth ages 6 to 12 need to be accompanied by an adult. Bring your own stuffed animal or purchase as available at the door. Various puppet tours and interactive classes free from 11am to 12 noon and 1-2 pm. Contact us ahead to guarantee space - or registering at the door okay, too.
• Two New Class Offerings!
1) Starting March 23 - Painting Classes for grades 3-7. Thursdays, 4-5 pm.
2) Starting March 14 - Painting Classes for Adults with Kelly Donovan. Call (435) 225-3536 for info and to sign up.
• Need a flexible gift? Give the gift of Fine Arts with Gift Certificates from the Fine Arts Center! We
now have gift certificates that can be purchased toward a class, show
or concert. You choose the amount. Check in with our office for more
info. Call (435) 723-0740 or email us at email@example.com
• Come join our fun, new Video Arts Class for teens! We plan to start meeting every Friday from 3:30 to 5:00 pm - ages 12-18. Learn video performance, videography, editing skills, make videos of puppet shows and more. Please call for more information
• Paint Party: Next Paint Party class will be Saturday April 8th, 2017, 1-3 PM. "Birch Trees" in Acryllics on 11 x 14 canvas board) Learn to paint in a fun, social atmosphere. Go home with a completed oil painting. $15 - includes instruction, supplies, refreshments. Please reserve your spot in advance! Ages 16-Adult. Call (435) 723-0740 for reservations or Register online today!
• Open Mic Night - Saturday, April 8 at 7:00 pm.
• Pay It Forward - The Fine Arts Center is collecting 2 liter pop bottles for a project the Pay it Forward group is doing. If you have extra, empty 2 liter pop bottles laying around, we'll take them! You can drop them off at the Fine Arts Center. Thank you! Check out our "Pay It Forward" page to learn more.
• Historical Puppet Shows
Our next show is scheduled for Saturday March 18 at 3 pm with "The Brigham City Co-op and Early Pioneer Stories". This is part of a series of historical shows being resurrected in honor of the Brigham City Sesquicentennial. see link: Upcoming Puppet Shows
• National Day of Puppetry Celebration- Puppet workshop Day March 25, 2017 at the Fine Arts Center. Learn about a variety of puppets, tour our World of Puppetry Museum, join us for show and tell, and bring a stuffed animal to make your own wanna- be puppet. Check out performance workshops and puppet shows by local Northern Utah Puppeteers. See poster for workshop day schedule with activities going from 9 to 3 pm. Make at take work shops at 9:30 and 1 pm. Call 435-723-740 to reserve your spot in the workshops. Cost $3 per person. $1-$2 extra for stuffed animals while they last.
• Disney's "Aladdin" Jr Musical - Performances are first weekend in May - Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday evenings at 7 pm, May 4, 5, 6, and 8 with a 2 pm matinee on Saturday.
• The Teen Think Tank is here! Teens in 8th through 12th grade are invited to join the tank - we'll find you food for thought, along with study space and help. Monday through Thursday 3 - 5 pm. We also offer interesting hands on creative arts volunteer activities during think tank. No fee, but registration is required. Feel free to call for questions. 435-723-0740.
• PAY IT FORWARD - Continues to meet on most Wednesdays 3:45 to 5:15 pm. All interested students 12 to 15 years of age are welcome.
In January we are hoping to finish another blanket before taking them to the Police station for emergency service use.
See more on the Classes, theater opportunities and Programs pages
Other Programs- We have Something for everyone:
Open Mic Night: Monthly offering at the Fine Arts Center usually the 2nd or 3rd Saturday evening of the month, year round. The doors open at 7:00 pm and those wishing to perform can sign up then. Next Open Mic is Saturday, December 10, 2016. FREE for performers
Music in the City Concert Series: 7:30 pm - 3rd Friday of the Month, October through May. No concert in December. Tickets: $12 General Admission / $8 Students / and $10 Seniors
CURRENT AND ONGOING TEEN PROGRAMS:
Pay It Forward: For young teens ages 12-15 years.Meet at The Fine Arts Center or as indicated. For current meeting time and latest volunteer opportunities. See pay it forward link., FREE
Improv Faction: Thursdays 5-6 pm for 8th grade and up, year round- Call ahead and check about holiday dates, etc. FREE
Teen voice lessons: Monday by appointment starting at 5:20 pm - Call or come and check it out. Also check out writing and art mentoring times on Tuesdays.
Teen Think Tank: (13 to 18 yrs) Monday - Friday 3 to 5 pm
This includes: Snacks, socializing, homework time, help from mentor if needed, and games when homework is done. Starting September 26, 2016.
World of Puppetry Museum: 1st and 3rd Saturdays 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm